Monday 26 August 2013

Bank Holiday Blues...



What a dreamy bank holiday weekend it's been! 
After deciding to make the most of the three days off I spontaneously booked some train tickets to London to visit my friend, Rosie. 
I arrived on Saturday evening and we spent the night at Wandsworth's Indian catching up over copious amounts of naan bread, desperados, rice and prawn curry.
After our quiet night we were feeling prepped for Sunday, I'd managed to wangle myself a ticket to the soldout SW4 festival on Clapham Common and God was on our side as we managed to go the whole day without getting even slightly rained on (the people who went on Saturday endured a constant downpour).
I'd definitely recommend the festival! It's the perfect size, not too big and not too small.
After a day of drinking cider and dancing to Andy C and Example we headed to The Kebab Co. for what I can only describe as the tastiest chicken kebab I've ever had - definitely worth a try.

Our night went downhill when we got the wrong bus home and a 20minute journey became over an hour's so it's safe to say we weren't feeling the freshest this morning but nevertheless we headed to Bill's for a full English and made our way to Notting Hill Carnival. 
I'd never been before but it was an experience! The atmosphere is amazing and everywhere you look people are dancing in the streets. 
Unfortunately, I had to leave early to catch my train so missed out on the jerk chicken but all-in-all it's been the perfect weekend. 
I love London.

No comments:

Post a Comment