Monday 27 January 2014

Beauty Basics.


As I've mentioned previously, I'm no expert on all things beauty related. 
I'd say I'm pretty 'safe' in what I use and rarely stray away from my daily routine. 
That being said, there's certain products that I can't live without so I  thought I'd do a quick roundup of my favourite beauty saviors.

1. Desire by Dolce & Gabbana
I'm a massive fan of Chanel - Chance, however, after receiving Desire for Christmas I can't get enough of it.
I'm not a big fan of anything too rich but this perfume is the perfect mix.

2. Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Hand Recovery
I don't know if its just me, but the cold weather leaves my hands looking like a wrinkly old lady's!
Hand cream is my saving grace and La Source Hand Recovery has become my new favourite.
Not too greasy, this cream is the ideal desk top companion.

3. St. Tropez Dark Bronzing Mousse
Since the age of about 14 I've been a fake tan addict. From bright orange hands, to streaky legs, I've been through it all.
With St. Tropez' Mousse I think I've finally found my dream fake tan. If you put it on before bed I can guarantee that you'll wake up with a golden glow. It contains instant tan too so there's no chance of you missing a spot.

4. Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express Mascara
As well as fake tan, I've also tried and tested my fair share of mascaras.
With naturally quite fair eyelashes I've always wanted them to be longer, darker and more curled. This mascara is one of the best I've used to date, it's extra black but manages to leave eyelashes fully covered without clumping.

5. Bumble & Bumble Thickening Hairspray
This stuff is amazing.
I'm lucky enough to have hair that doesn't really need hairspray. When I curl my hair it tends to stay in without any added products, however, since getting a tester of Bumble & Bumble's hairpspray with Elle magazine I can't get enough of it.

6. Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation
I've tried Nars, I've tried Clinique but I seem to always come back to my trusty Rimmel.
Their 25hour foundation was my first beauty buy as a teenager and, though it served me well, I find their Wake Me up Foundation much lighter in texture. It may not be the most pricey, nor the go-to product of make-up artists but as far as I'm concerned it does a pretty good job.


7. Mac Lipstick
I will openly admit that I was probably the last person to jump on the Mac bandwagon, however, I finally bought my first Mac lipstick over the summer and it hasn't been my last. Whilst at uni my housemate was Mac's biggest fan, from concealer to foundation she regularly managed to save up enough empty containers to trade in to their 'Back to MAC' programme. Six empties earn you one lipstick and she had an impressive collection. 
Now a convert, their lipstick has undeniable staying-power and comes in an extensive range of colours...



No comments:

Post a Comment